Do you understand what you are putting on your dog’s dish regular?
Pet owners inspired by Oscars from banfield dog food, source:blogs.mercurynews.com
Dog food from banfield dog food, source:dogdaz.com
Most dogs will consume nearly anything that’s put in front of them and, just like humans, they are what they consume.
Mars to Buy Vet Operator VCA for $7 7 Billion WSJ from banfield dog food, source:wsj.com
RadioFence Blog Tag from banfield dog food, source:blog.radiofence.com
Many now suffer with what are preventable diseases. . .did you understand that 46% of dogs die of influenza, 40% are overweight and scores more suffer everyday from allergies, ear infections, skin conditions, dental problems and other disorders…
Mars to pet health care provider VCA for $7 7 billion from banfield dog food, source:cnbc.com
When you learn the awful reality about the poisonous ingredients in certain commercial dog foods it will shock and sicken you and also, once you know the reality of the health benefits in feeding a puppy a homemade diet, you’ll want to generate an immediate change. If you quit feeding only commercial dog foods for your dog on a daily basis, gradually introduce new meats and vegetables and then stop commercial pet foods completely, you’re rescue him or her from needless suffering and save a mountain of veterinarian bills, as well.
At the Fence PetSmart Puppy Starter Kit from banfield dog food, source:atthefenceonline.com
Now, below are some of the realities about several commercial dog foods and also a few of the benefits of feeding a dog a healthy homemade diet…
Dog Food Walmart from banfield dog food, source:walmart.com
1. Truth: Are you aware that some commercial pet food is actually dog “junk” food? Generally, a puppy’s genetic makeup and nutrient requirements resembles that of humans.
2. Whatever else you may have heard, the exact same wholesome, nutritious foods we eat are a terrific choice for dogs. However, there are particular differences between dog and human nutritional requirements so you will need to learn what they are in case you want to feed your pet a healthy diet.
3. Truth: Do you understand that in case your vet sells pet food it also might not be such a fantastic choice? The same as our own medical doctors, veterinarians aren’t taught a lot of about nutrition in college. Most of the things they understand is taught to them from the agents of the pet food firms for example, on staff firm vets, sales reps (do you think they promote their own products?) Or other through different studies, articles, and seminars. It is not very likely your vet knows the difference between good and bad food should they haven’t studied about it or attempted raw or homemade diets themselves.
Class action charges Banfield s pet "wellness" plan doesn t deliver from banfield dog food, source:consumeraffairs.com
Some vets even benefit from purchasing a certain brand of pet food and that may well prejudice them against other manufacturers or alternative kinds of feeding a dog, such as home cooked dog food.
Life With Beagle Itchy dog NaturalBalance Limited Ingre nt from banfield dog food, source:lifewithbeagle.com
4. Truth: Are you aware some processed commercial pet foods can actually be hazardous to your dog’s health and can cause numerous medical issues?
All of it makes a recipe of the worst potential combination of ingredients we could ever feed to our dogs. And yet, millions of us do this, unknowingly! Remember. . .the cheaper the meals. . .the cheaper the components. . .the worse the nutrition. . .the more harmful, even fatal it an be! Make sure to know what is in the food, whenever you’re feeding a puppy! Read about commercial dog foods at depth in my future posts.
Please note: not “all” commercial dog foods are made from poor quality ingredients and inexpensive byproducts. Dog food manufacturers as well as the components they use differ considerably. My aim in these posts is to provide you with as much info possible, so that you may create your own “informed” decisions about what is or is not good food for your dog. I’ll get into much greater detail regarding different “quality” dog food producers, ingredients and how to read dog food labels in future articles. . .so return frequently.
5. Reality: Do you know that it’s a mistake to believe kibble cleans teeth? This myth was circulated a while ago by a study that implied kibble “may” be better than canned dog food (not “is” better) for cleaning teeth. What must it be saying to people that almost every dog over the age of three which has dental disease eats kibble! Not hard to figure that one out!
6. Reality: Do you know that the expression “Complete and Balanced”(used by some commercial dog food companies to advertise their goods) does not really mean “Optimum”. There are important differences: meals assembly only the “assumed” requirements for the health of a mean dog could be advertised as “Complete and Balanced”. When these foods have been included in feeding trials, they are frequently only tested for things like others and lead are tested only on a small number of dogs for a very brief moment.
It’s certain that sufficient nutrients, essential for our dog’s wellbeing, won’t be contained in these products. It certainly is far better than “not” full and balanced at all, but merely “optimal” levels of balanced nutrition are exactly what we should be trying to find. We’ll be supplying you with specifics of exactly what best balanced nutrition is in a subsequent article.
On occasion a fast glance at the tag can inform you if the pet food is made of quality ingredients or maybe not, others it requires more understanding about each of the ingredients to be able to tell if that food is better. Of course every manufacturer is going to say that they are using only the very best ingredients. However, our inherent right to freedom of speech doesn’t need these statements to be truthful.
We’ll write more on this later…
7. Truth: Do you know that if you’re feeding a puppy exactly the identical thing each day you are restricting it’s access to good nutrition? Dog’s, just like us, want a variety of food. Would you imagine eating soil corn husks, rancid fat and just chicken wing skin and bones (no Meat) with a few affordable vitamins and minerals thrown in, each and every day for your entire life?
It is a fact that some dogs may have an initial sensitivity when introduced to certain new foods. Thus, feeding a dog a variety of foods may lead to stomach issues, but it is only because they have been lacking balanced nutrition in their diet. The moment they’re given a nicely balanced diet, their digestive system becomes restored. They could then eat an assortment of foods at every meal without any issue, just as we do.
Make sure that you introduce different foods in tiny amounts in order for your dog’s stomach has time to adjust to the changes.
8. Truth: Do you know that dry dog food isn’t better than canned dog food? Consider it. . Now think about the amount of preservatives dry dog foods need after they’re opened, so as to remain “new” forever from the first bag, or whatever container you use for storage, or when they have left out daily so that your dog can self-feed. Dry foods begin cooked out and then are subjected to a high level of warmth, which destroys nutrients. . .canned foods are canned refreshing and so, retain more nutrients (although they’re really not completely balanced).
. .next would be dried or frozen then freeze dried foods, available at better pet stores.
9. Truth: Do you know that a number of the ingredients used to create commercial dog food and particular frequent, everyday foods can be toxic to dogs kill them! Cooked bones and rawhide chews can cause significant internal problems that require surgery. Wheat-based treats can cause allergies. Onions, grapes, raisins, chocolate, Xylitol (the artificial sweetener) and other foods can be hazardous and should never be given to puppies.
To learn more about what is really in commercial pet food and the other things which are toxic to dogs, come back often and examine our future posts where we will provide you detailed information.
10. Reality: Do you understand that corn can kill dogs? Most dry dog food is filled with this inexpensive filler and it is not exactly the same corn we consume. . .it’s the cheap remnants that is fed to cattle. . .even corn meal dust, swept up from the mill ground, is permitted to be utilized in dog food! Additionally, corn is very high in calories and therefore, very fattening. .
So, now you know a few of the awful realities about commercial dog foods. Once you opt to boost your dog’s diet and quit feeding that “junk” food, you can greatly enhance his or her health and endurance. . .plus, you will save yourself a good deal of money!
All it takes is a small bit of knowledge and the desire to provide your dog with the energy and long term it deserves. We’ll do our best to supply the knowledge. . .you just must provide the desire.
Banfield Pet Hospital – Cat And Dog Nutrition