Do you understand what you are putting on your pet’s dish regular?
The Honest Kitchen Proper Toppers Natural Human Grade Dehydrated from gluten free dog food list, source:amazon.com
CORE RawRev Original Raw Turkey from gluten free dog food list, source:wellnesspetfood.com
Amazon Holistic Select Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food Adult from gluten free dog food list, source:amazon.com
Instinct Original Grain Free Recipe with Real Chicken from gluten free dog food list, source:instinctpetfood.com
Many now suffer with what are preventable diseases. . .did you know that 46% of dogs die of cancer, 40% are obese and scores suffer everyday from allergies, ear infections, skin ailments, dental problems and other ailments…
Grain Free Venison & Chickpea Dog Food – Health Extension from gluten free dog food list, source:healthextension.com
When you understand the horrible reality about the poisonous ingredients in some commercial dog foods it will shock and sicken you and, as soon as you understand the fact of the health benefits in feeding a dog a homemade diet, then you are going to want to generate an immediate shift. If you quit feeding just commercial dog foods to your own dog on a daily basis, gradually introduce new meats and vegetables and stop commercial dog foods altogether, you’re rescue him or her from needless suffering and save a mountain of veterinarian bills, too.
Acana Heritage Meats Formula Grain Free Beef Pork & Lamb Dry Dog from gluten free dog food list, source:jet.com
Now, below are some of the realities about some commercial pet foods and a few of the advantages of feeding a dog a healthy homemade diet…
Merrick Limited Ingre nt Diet Grain Free Salmon & Sweet Potato from gluten free dog food list, source:petco.com
1. Reality: Do you know that some commercial dog food is actually dog “junk” food? Broadly speaking, a canine’s genetic makeup and nutritional requirements resembles that of people.
2. Whatever else you might have heard, the same wholesome, nutritious foods we eat are a terrific selection for dogs. But, there are particular differences between human and canine nutritional requirements so you’ll want to understand what they are in case you would like to feed your pet a healthy diet.
3. Reality: Do you understand that in case your vet sells dog food it also might not be such a fantastic choice? Just like our very own medical doctors, veterinarians are not educated too much about nutrition in college. Most of what they learn will be taught to them by the representatives of these pet food firms for example, on staff firm vets, sales reps (do you think maybe they market their own products?) Or other through various studies, articles, and seminars. It is not very likely that your vet knows the difference between good and bad food should they haven’t researched about it or attempted raw or homemade diets themselves.
Purina Beyond Grain Free Tuna & Egg Recipe Dog Food 13 lb Bag from gluten free dog food list, source:kmart.com
Some vets even profit from purchasing a certain brand of dog food and that may well prejudice them against other manufacturers or alternative kinds of feeding a dog, such as home cooked pet food.
CORE Marrow Roasts Beef from gluten free dog food list, source:wellnesspetfood.com
4. Truth: Are you aware that some processed commercial dog foods can actually be hazardous to your pet’s health and can result in numerous medical issues? In addition, they frequently add road kill (dead raccoons, possum and other creatures killed by cars, trucks or illness), dogs and cats euthanized by vets, picked up by animal control employees and attracted to dog food firms’ renderers for processing, powdered mill factory floor dust (they call it”grain”) and what they call “corn” (usually floor left over husks) that is contaminated with very high quantities of pesticides.
It all creates a recipe of their worst potential mixture of ingredients we could ever feed to our puppies. And millions of us do this, kindly! Remember. . .the cheaper the meals. . .the cheaper the ingredients. . .the worse the nutrition. . .the more detrimental, even deadly it an be! Make sure to know what is in the meals, whenever you are feeding a dog! Read all about commercial dog food in depth in my future posts.
Please note: not “all of” commercial pet foods are made from poor quality ingredients and cheap byproducts. Dog food manufacturers as well as the components they use differ considerably. My goal in these posts is to supply you with as much info possible, which means you can create your own “educated” decisions on what is or is not great food for your dog. I will get into much greater detail about different “quality” dog food manufacturers, ingredients and how to read dog food labels in future articles. . .so come back often.
5. Reality: Do you know that it’s a mistake to think that kibble cleans dog’s teeth? What should it be saying to us that almost every dog over age three which has dental disease eats kibble! Not difficult to figure out that one!
6. Reality: Do you know that the term “Complete and Balanced”(used by some commercial dog food companies to promote their goods) does not really mean “Optimum”. There are significant differences: food assembly only the “assumed” prerequisites for the health of an average dog could be advertised as “Complete and Balanced”. When these foods are included in feeding trials, they are frequently only tested for things like others and lead are tested only on a small number of dogs for quite a short moment.
It’s certain that sufficient nourishment, necessary for our pet’s wellbeing, will not be contained in these goods. It certainly is better than “not” complete and balanced in any way, but only “optimum” levels of balanced nutrition are exactly what we should be trying to find. We’ll be supplying you with specifics of exactly what best balanced nutrition is in a subsequent article.
Sometimes a fast glance at the label can inform you if the dog food is made from quality ingredients or not, others it requires more understanding about each one of the ingredients to have the ability to tell whether that food is better. Obviously every producer will say they’re using only the very best ingredients. However, our inherent right to freedom of speech doesn’t need these statements to be truthful.
Make sure that you know what is in the food you’re feeding a dog every day! We are going to write more about this later…
7. Truth: Do you know that if you are feeding a dog the identical thing every day you are restricting it has access to good nutrition? Dog’s, like us, need many different food. Can you imagine eating soil corn husks, rancid fat and only chicken wing bones and skin (no Meat) with some cheap minerals and vitamins thrown in, each and every day for your entire life?
It’s true that some dogs can have an initial sensitivity when introduced into particular foods that are new. So, feeding a dog a variety of foods may lead to stomach issues, but it is only because they’ve been lacking balanced nutrition in their diet. The moment they are given a well balanced diet, their digestive system becomes revived. They can then eat an assortment of foods at each meal without any problem, just because we do.
Be certain you introduce various foods in small amounts in order for your pet’s tummy has time to adjust to the changes.
8. Reality: Do you know that dry dog food is not better than canned pet food? Consider it. . Now think about the amount of preservatives dry dog foods need after they’re opened, so as to stay “new” indefinitely from the original bag, or whatever container you use for storage, or whenever they have left out daily so that your dog can self-feed. Dry foods begin out cooked and then are exposed to a high amount of warmth, which destroys nutrients. . .canned foods are canned refreshing and therefore, keep more nutrients (although they’re not completely balanced).
. .next would be frozen or dehydrated then freeze dried foods, all accessible at better pet shops.
9. Reality: Do you understand that some of the ingredients used to make commercial pet food and certain common, everyday foods may be poisonous to dogs , even kill them! Cooked bones and rawhide chews can cause significant internal issues that require operation. Wheat-based treats can cause allergies. Onions, grapes, raisins, chocolate, Xylitol (the synthetic sweetener) and other foods can be poisonous and should not be given to dogs.
To learn more about what is really in commercial dog food and the other items that are poisonous to dogs, return often and examine our future posts where we’ll give you detailed information.
10. Truth: Do you understand that corn could kill dogs? Most dry dog foods is loaded with this cheap filler and it is not exactly the exact same corn we consume. . .it’s the inexpensive remnants that’s fed to cows. . Furthermore, corn is quite high in calories and therefore, quite fattening. . .so, is it any wonder many puppies are overweight and suffer with diabetes.
So, you now know a few of those awful realities about commercial dog food. Once you decide to boost your dog’s diet and quit feeding that “junk” food, you can greatly improve their health and longevity. . .plus, you will save yourself a good deal of money!
All it takes is a small bit of wisdom and the desire to provide your pet with the vitality and long term it so richly deserves. We’ll do our very best to supply the knowledge. . .you just must supply the desire.
Grain Vs. Grain Free Pet Food Diets